Hi my name is Bridie and I’ve had a long old journey with Endometriosis & Adenomyosis over the years (17 years). This journey has lead me to have 4 operations, 1 trip in an ambulance, 1 induced menopause, countless different hormone treatments and in the most recent years a hysterectomy looming over me. Although there’s no cure (well not yet ladies), a plant based diet, yoga and living from love is what saved me and made me able to live a life free from strong pain killers (I was on morphine for a 18 months!! A whole fricken 18 months!). Now I still have my bad days, no matter how many downward dogs I do, where only an epsom salt bath and my heat pad are all I can bring myself to do (praise the lord for PJs!). And now here I am a business owner of Endo Warrior Queens!
My Endo & Adeno Timeline
- Aged 10 started my periods-first period lasted 4 weeks (I thought I was dying!)
- Aged 12 put on contraceptive pill
- Aged 10-16 constant trips to the doctors to say that something wasn’t right, which was a really scary thing to do as a child and young women, especially as it involved talking about lady areas! Frequently told nothing was wrong
- Aged 16 first laparoscopy. Before my op the surgeon came to see me and said ‘you do know we’re not going to find anything’. Which made me feel like a right NHS time waster! Then I woke up form the lap and he was stood there with the biggest smile on his face (so I am thinking they didn’t find anything). But no, he then says ‘you have severe and extensive endometriosis, stage 4.’ It was like he had won the jackpot or found gold at the end of the rainbow, but for me it was bloody daunting. What did this mean? What next?
- Aged 18 second lap
- Aged 18 put on Prostap and have an induced menopause. I lasted 6 months of this, it literally gave me a brain and body transplant and I hated every minute, I didn’t know who I was any more
- Aged 18-23 contraceptive injection and contraceptive pill back to back with no break
- Aged 23 third lap
- Aged 23-24 contraceptive injection back to back with no break
- Aged 29 pass out in work toilets from pain and taken to A&E in an ambulance (really embarrassing!)
- Aged 29-31 surviving on regular doses of morphine (still not fully taking the pain away)
- Aged 30 fourth lap and told I have Adenomyosis and my womb is the size of a women who is three months pregnant
- Aged 31 told I have a year to have a baby or face having a hysterectomy
- Aged 30-32 contraceptive pill back to back with no break
- Aged 30-32 bouts of passing out increase and it become dangerous to drive
- Aged 31 told I have Fibromyalgia
- Aged 32 told I have to have a hysterectomy as they wont give me another lap to preserve my reproductive health
- Aged 32 come off all hormone meds, pain killers and refuse a hysterectomy and decide to finally take control of my health
This timeline was hard to write! Endo and Adeno took me into womenhood at such an early age and have been threatening my ability to go into motherhood for most of my adult life. Not only this but its slowed me down, made me angry, made me resent life, made me depressed, made me anxious, not feel worthy, not feel sexy, not feel desirable as a women. But I decided that enough was enough and I took back control of my health and my life and I have not looked back.
This Book & Pain Relief Belt Literally Saved Me
Starting the Healing & Self Love Journey
I fully embarked on the healing journey in 2017 when I went to India for a month to study Ayurveda in the hopes that I could find the magic potion for Endometriosis and life. And in a way I did! I found that as soon as I moved away from the stress, the climate, the toxic people, the toxic foods that my body and mind began to heal its self. And not only this, I began to be open and honest about endo, adeno and my fibro which then led me to creating Endo Warrior Queens. Endo Warrior Queens I now feel is my purpose in life. For too long I wanted my endo not to exist and resented it, but now I embrace it as it has brought so many wonderful endo sisters into my life.
My Quals & Training
I have two first class degrees – a First Class BA (Hons) in Education Studies and a MA with distinction in International Development and Education. I am passionate about life long learning and giving people the tools to heal themselves and live a full, pain free and healthy life (in mind, body and soul). After 8 years of working in the stressful charity sector as a product and education manager I quit my job and set out on a new path in life. This amazing new journey has taken me to India to study Ayurveda, Glastonbury to study the foundations of yoga with the British Wheel of Yoga and Bali to complete my 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training.
Endo Warrior Queens Birth
In 2017 I wrote one of my first ever honest posts about living with Endometriosis and it went viral! Its still growing in comments and shares every day and it blows my mind! I was and still so over whelmed with the love and support. More than that is also how people were tagging their loved ones in the post to say ‘look this is how I have been trying to tell you how it feels’.
The idea that I am helping other endo sisters communicate with their loved ones about endo literally made my heart explode! So I thought to myself (after a few days of sitting back and freaking out about it as all the likes and shares froze my social media) that this is the universe telling me to use my voice, to write more, to share more as it can help others, so that my lovelies is how Endo Warrior Queens was born.
‘I saw this and it just struck me that this is a powerful image to help show others what it’s like to live with endometriosis and adenomyosis. I can never quite find the words to explain the pain and when I say pain I mean even on a non flare up day, there is always pain, if you twist a certain way, go to the loo, have a stressful day, a few hours later bam! The pain strikes!
Then when you have a flare up, it’s like you have a thousand nails inside of you shooting into you ovaries, womb, bowel, bladder, back, vagina, making you see stars, taking your breath away, making your toes curl, your hands grip onto what ever they can until the pain passes. And that’s the tip of the iceburg.
Please respect women with endometriosis and adenomyosis. Their pain is real, their struggle is real, their fear is real. Put your arm around them, listen to them and help make a change by spreading the word.
Thank you for reading Bridie x
Fast forward to 2018 and Endo Warrior Queens is fully up and running and I couldn’t feel prouder. We are now in a position to share the Endo Self Love Club with the world!!!! The Endo Self Love Club is a monthly membership which delivers our Endo Warrior Queens Self Healing 8 Step Programme through monthly yoga videos, self love downloads, healing recipes, support groups and so so so much more!
‘You know that moment, when you’re in a Yoga class and they start with OM, and your thinking OMG I’ve got to join in? Well Endo Warrior Queens is all about taking that leap of faith and joining in with the OM of life to discover your own inner warrior so you can lead an authentic life full of wellbeing, self love and happiness and most importantly being pain free!’
We also have an amazing and growing network of Endo Self Love Club members conducting reviews of restaurants, cafes, resorts, food and health shops, so we can build a list of places around the world which offer Endo friendly food and a positive healing vibe, check out Endo Eats. We have weekly blogs on the latest news, research and products to support you on your self healing journey. And there is so so so much more coming up, so watch this space!
Shop Endo Warrior Queens Fave Vegan, Vegetarian and Gluten Free Cook Books
Thank you for reading about my story, journey and the start of Endo Warrior Queens. Drop your story below in the comments, I would love to hear from you
Lots of love
Thank you for reading…help us spread the education and empowerment…
If you enjoyed reading this blog post, please hit the share buttons below and help spread the education and empowerment around the world. If you would like to support the work of Endo Warrior Queens you can join our Endo Self Love Club for just £5 per month and receive exclusive videos, blog posts, printable and so much other cool stuff.
|Monthly Endo Self Love Club Membership||£5.00 per Month.||Your Level|