I thought I would start this page with some positive
beautiful pictures of our lady gardens, as
a symbol that its not all doom and gloom ladies.
There is hope, there is education and there is a
kick ass community of other women who have your back
on your healing journey.
What Is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a disorder where the tissue that normally lines the inside of the uterus grows on the outside and sometimes inside the wall of the uterus (aka Adenomyosis). It usually involves the ovaries, bowel, pouch of Douglas, bladder, tubes, or the tissue lining your pelvis, though sometimes it can spread beyond the pelvic region. During your menstrual cycle, this displaced tissue thickens, breaks down, and bleeds. Because this tissue has no way to exit the body, it becomes trapped. This can lead to cyst formation, adhesions, and pain.
What Are The Symptoms?
- Very painful periods (pelvic pain, cramping, lower back and abdominal pain)
- Pain during or after sex
- Blood clotting
- Painful bowel movements or urination
- Excessive bleeding
- Infertility (though many women can still have children)
- Chronic fatigue and chronic pain
- Diarrhoea and constipation/IBS
- Bloating aka endo belly!
- Lower back pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Urinary frequency, retention, or urgency
- Allergies and other immune-related issues are also commonly reported
What To Do Next If You Think You Have Endometriosis?
1st: Get Informed
My biggest advice for you where ever you are based in the world is to watch the docu-film ‘Endo What’ it literally changed my life. I have watched it now 4 times, every time I cry, take notes, pause to take it all in, and invite my fellow endo sisters round so they can take it all in as well. You will feel educated, empowered, sad, acknowledged, mad and then go through it all over again! Click this link to watch the full film.
2nd: Read Up
- The Doctor Will See You Know by Tamer
- One Part Plat by Jessica Murnane
- A Life Change That Save My Uterus by Lenny
- A Roadmap To Bettering Your Relationship With Endometriosis by Feed Me Phoebe
- Balancing Hormones + Managing Endometriosis by Mind Body Green
- Woman Says Healthy Diet Alleviated Her Endometriosis Symptoms by People Magazine
- Endometriosis, Friendship, and Creativity by Katie Dalebout
4th: Join The Endo Self Love Club
Endo Warrior Queens are soooooooo pleased to announce, that after a year of hard work and research that we have now launched the Endo Self Love Club!!!!!. The EWQ membership will give you behind the scenes access to exclusive yoga flows, workbooks, self love downloads, mantra and affirmation wallpapers for your phone, and all the latest healing guidance to empower you on your endometriosis self healing journey and so so so much more!